[petsc-users] Help with Integrating PETSc into Fortran Groundwater Flow Simulation Code

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Wed Dec 20 20:32:10 CST 2023

Instead of

    call PCCreate(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, pc, ierr)
    call PCSetType(pc, PCILU,ierr) ! Choose a preconditioner type (ILU)
    call KSPSetPC(ksp, pc,ierr)  ! Associate the preconditioner with the KSP solver

do

    call KSPGetPC(ksp,pc,ierr)
    call PCSetType(pc, PCILU,ierr)

Do not call KSPSetUp(). It will be taken care of automatically during the solve