[petsc-users] DMPlex "Could not find orientation for quadrilateral"

onur.notonur onur.notonur at proton.me
Wed Dec 13 02:12:51 CST 2023

Hi,

This page explains polyMesh in the section 4.1.2: https://www.openfoam.com/documentation/user-guide/4-mesh-generation-and-conversion/4.1-mesh-description
(Also I added my polyMesh files as attachment.)

After my first email I generated valid mesh by finding 2 of the 6 faces which have no common vertex, then arranging them to look like this: 1-2-3-4 is my first face, 5-6-7-8 is my second face. But this approach isn't a general solution (but currently it works because my mesh consists of only hexahedral elements), If I could learn the true solution I'd be happy! Thank you again

1 2
+------+.
|`. | `.
| | | |