[petsc-users] performance regression with GAMG

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 31 17:40:10 CDT 2023

Hi Stephan,

This branch is settling down.  adams/gamg-add-old-coarsening
<https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/commits/adams/gamg-add-old-coarsening>
I made the old, not minimum degree, ordering the default but kept the new
"aggressive" coarsening as the default, so I am hoping that just adding
"-pc_gamg_use_aggressive_square_graph true" to your regression tests will
get you back to where you were before.
Fingers crossed ... let me know if you have any success or not.

Thanks,
Mark