[petsc-users] C++11 related issue

maitri ksh maitri.ksh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 05:10:00 CDT 2023

I was facing a problem while compiling a code (which earlier, got compiled
successfully using the same petsc set up), the problem was related to
compilers. I decided to reconfigure petsc but ran into errors which are
related to non-compliance of the compiler with  'C++11'. I had faced this
issue earlier when I was installing Petsc and I had it resolved by using a
newer version of compiler (openmpi-4.1.5). Now, I am trying to use the same
compiler (openmpi-4.1.5) to reconfigure petsc but the old issue (related to
'C++11') pops up. I used a code that was available online
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5047971/how-do-i-check-for-c11-support>
to check if the present compiler supports C++11, and it shows it does
support.
I have attached the '*configure.log*' herewith for your reference.
Can anyone suggest how to resolve/work-around this issue?