[petsc-users] (Sub) KSP initial guess with PCREDISTRIBUTE

Jonas Lundgren jonas.lundgren at liu.se
Mon Aug 21 15:18:13 CDT 2023

Thanks, Barry!

What solution do you have in mind? I tried a bit myself using SCATTER_FORWARD of the input vector x in PCApply_Redistribute, together with allowing for nonzero initial guess in KSPPREONLY, but that might not be the best solution in a public branch?

I guess the big gain is due to the fact that the subsequent solvings of state/adjoint problems are done with similar (but not exactly the same) linear operator, so that they become almost the same problem. On the other hand, the state and adjoint problems are not similar to each other, making the solution to one a very bad initial guess to the other.

Again, thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Jonas Lundgren