[petsc-users] Question about speed of MatMatSolveTranspose with MUMPS

Lucas Banting bantingl at myumanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 4 15:55:50 CDT 2022

Hello,

I am using MUMPS to solve a system with multiple right hand sides.
I have noticed that the MatMatSolve function appears to be quite a bit faster than the MatMatSolveTranspose function.
I was trying to look through the petsc source to see where the MatMatSolveTranspose_MUMPS function was but couldn't find it.

Is PETSc just doing MatSolveTranspose_MUMPS for each right hand side when doing MatMatSolveTranspose with MUMPS?
If an accelerated version of MatMatSolveTranspose existed, it would be very useful for my application.

Regards,
Lucas