[petsc-users] Continuous FE with Discontinuous Pressure Field

Jeremy L Thompson jeth8984 at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 19 16:02:07 CDT 2020

Good Afternoon,

I have a working high-order 3D elasticity code built on PETSc + libCEED.
My DM has a three component displacement FE field. I'd like to add a
discontinuous pressure field (P_-1).

Am I missing an obvious way to set up a discontinuous FE field? Or is a
FV field a more natural choice for this sort of thing? Or a different
approach?

I am managing action of the FDE operator myself via libCEED, so I don't
need to get too into the weeds about anything but the DM. I just need to
find the best way to manage the discontinuous pressure values on each
element in my DM.

Thanks,

Jeremy L Thompson