[petsc-users] How to create a mapping of global to local indices?

Dongyu Liu - CITG D.Liu-4 at tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 3 08:10:50 CDT 2019

Hi,

I am running a FEM program using PETSc. In the beginning,  the mesh is partitioned in gmsh, and we read the partitioned mesh using our own reader.

Now my question is: How can I get a global to local indices mapping? and do I need to renumber the indices after I read the partitioned mesh?

>From my understanding, the rows handled by each processor should be consecutive, but the indices of nodes which I directly read from a gmsh file are not. Is this an issue?

Best,

Dongyu