[petsc-users] MPI Iterative solver crash on HPC

Sal Am tempohoper at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 02:54:11 CST 2019

I am not sure what is exactly is wrong as the error changes slightly every
time I run it (without changing the parameters). I have attached the first
two run's errors and my code.

Is there a memory leak somewhere? I have tried running it with
-malloc_dump, but not getting anything printed out, however, when run with
-log_view I see that Viewer is created 4 times, but destroyed 3 times. The
way I see it, I have destroyed it where I see I no longer have use for it
so not sure if I am wrong. Could this be the reason why it keeps crashing?
It crashes as soon as it reads the matrix, before entering the solving mode
(I have a print statement before solving starts that never prints).

how I run it in the job script on 2 node with 32 processors using the
clusters OpenMPI.

mpiexec ./solveCSys -ksp_type bcgs -pc_type gamg -ksp_converged_reason
-ksp_monitor_true_residual -log_view -ksp_error_if_not_converged
-ksp_monitor -malloc_log -ksp_view

the matrix:
2 122 821 366 (non-zero elements)
25 947 279 x 25 947 279