[petsc-users] slepc on 1D row distributed matrix

Kannan, Ramakrishnan kannanr at ornl.gov
Wed May 31 14:46:18 CDT 2017

Hello,

I have got a sparse 1D row distributed matrix in which every MPI process owns an m/p x n of the global matrix mxn.  I am running NHEP with krylovschur on it. It is throwing me some wrong error. For your reference, I have attached the modified ex5.c in which I SetSizes on the matrix to emulate the 1D row distribution and the log file with the error.

In the unmodified ex5.c, for m=5, N=15, the local_m and the local_n is 3x3. How is the global 15x15 matrix distributed locally as 3x3 matrices? When I print the global matrix, it doesn’t appear to be diagonal as well.

If slepc doesn’t support sparse 1D row distributed matrix, how do I need to redistribute it such that I can run NHEP on this.
--
Regards,
Ramki