[petsc-users] Question on incomplete factorization level and fill

Danyang Su danyang.su at gmail.com
Wed May 24 12:50:25 CDT 2017

Hi Matthew and Barry,

Thanks for the quick response.

I also tried superlu and mumps, both work but it is about four times
slower than ILU(dt) prec through hypre, with 24 processors I have
tested. When I look into the convergence information, the method using
ILU(dt) still takes 200 to 3000 linear iterations for each newton
iteration. One reason is this equation is hard to solve. As for the
general cases, the same method works awesome and get very good speedup.
I also doubt if I use hypre correctly for this case. Is there anyway to
check this problem, or is it possible to increase the factorization
level through hypre?

Thanks,

Danyang