[petsc-users] Is xout always already zero'ed when being called back on PCShellSetApply ?

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Sun May 21 11:11:57 CDT 2017

When using http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/PC/PCShellSetApply.html, do I have the guaranty that xout from " PetscErrorCode apply ( PC pc, Vec xin, Vec xout)" has always been previously filled with zeros ?
I may have to fill xout by blocks (I would += several possibly overlapping blocks: I need to make sure xout is first filled with zero to get the correct result).

Franck