[petsc-users] [3.7.5] strange config error on macOS with XCode 8.3 and Clang 8.1.0

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 28 22:23:35 CDT 2017

  I have added the commit https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/4f290403fdd060d09d5cb07345cbfd52670e3cbc  to the maint, master and next branch that allows ./configure to to go through in this situation.  If the change does not break other tests it will be included in the next patch release.

   Thanks for reporting the problem,

     Barry

This patch does not directly deal with the problem (which i don't understand but seems to be an Apple Xcode problem) but works around the problem on my machine.