[petsc-users] Fw: left and right preconditioning with a constant null space

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Tue Mar 28 08:54:43 CDT 2017

Matt,

Yes, null space vector attached to the large matrix and
consistent rhs. This seems to be what Barry wants (or I
misunderstood his previous email)

a) that was Lawrence's suggestion as well, using
petscObjectCompose, but that doesn't seem to work in fortran as I
reported earlier.

b) Good to know, but so far I don't have a DM.

c) same problem as a)

I understand your last point about pulling apart the global null
vector. Then again how would a user know the null space of any
submatrices that arise somewhere within PCFieldSplit?

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | C.Klaij at marin.nl<mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl> | www.marin.nl<http://www.marin.nl>

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/marin> [YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/marinmultimedia>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/MARIN_nieuws>  [Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/marin.wageningen>