[petsc-users] jmp_buf error while linking petsc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 21 19:58:06 CDT 2017

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Bikash Kanungo wrote:

> Hi Satish,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. I will change make makefiles and try to make it
> work. However, I would like to state that the above problem appears only
> while linking to petsc-3.7.5. My code compiles well with petsc-3.6.3. The
> configuration options were same for both petsc-3.7.5 and petsc-3.6.3.

Since you have non-petsc makefile - you would need to modify compiler
options [as listed by the command below] when switching between
petsc-3.6.3 and petsc-3.7.5. Any error in this switch [i.e if you kept
some petsc-3.6.3 options in the makefile] could result in mixing
include files or libraries across these version - resulting in errors.

You could check if PETSc makefile format would work for you - so that
the makefile is portable - and doesn't get into such isssues.  [you
would use the same makefile - but switch only PETSC_DIR/PETSC_ARCH
values]

Satish