[petsc-users] Question about PETSC

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 16 16:45:31 CDT 2017

> On Mar 16, 2017, at 4:56 AM, Валентин Егоров <egorow.walentin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for answering, I will try.
> Sincerely,
>   Valentin
>
> Matt is correct. The best way to get into PETSc is by studying the example codes provided in the source tree.
>
> As a precursor to studying fortran examples, you should take a look at this page and decided which PETSc-fortran approach you wish to use:
>
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/UsingFortran.html

   Since you are just starting with PETSc I highly recommend you DO NOT read the above since we have vastly simplified the usage of PETSc from Fortran. You should read

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/Sys/UsingFortran.html

and  download PETSc via

git clone -b master https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc petsc

and look at the documentation at