[petsc-users] petsc4py and MPI.COMM_SELF.Spawn

Rodrigo Felicio Rodrigo.Felicio at iongeo.com
Thu Mar 2 09:09:51 CST 2017

Thanks, Matt,

I see your point.  My problem is that I need to have many “masters” and each of these needs to have their own and distinct group of “children” processes to run some linear algebra in parallel.  Being new to MPI, I thought that the Spawn approach would help with that, because I already had a PETSc program that could solve the associated Least-squares problem. I thought that I only needed to adapt that code so that instead of calling it at the prompt, I could integrate it to a MPI code using MPI.SPAWN function. Since for some reason the MPI.SPAWN is not working correctly for me I am now seeking to solve my problem by splitting the COMM_WORLD instead, which I believe is more in line with your suggestion.

Kind regards
Rodrigo