[petsc-users] misleading "mpich" messages

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Tue Apr 25 16:35:16 CDT 2017

Hi,

We configured PETSc with a version of MVAPICH, and complied with another
version of MVAPICH.  Got the error messages:

*error "PETSc was configured with one MPICH mpi.h version but now appears
to be compiling using a different MPICH mpi.h version"*

Why we could not say something about "MVAPICH" (not "MPICH")?

Do we just simply consider all MPI implementations (MVAPICH, maybe Intel
MPI, IBM mpi?) based on MPICH as "MPICH"?

Fande,