[petsc-users] Solving NON-Diagonally dominant sparse system

Kaushik Kulkarni kaushikggg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 23:38:03 CDT 2017

Thank you for the inputs.
I tried Barry' s suggestion to use SuperLU, but the solution does not
converge and on doing -ksp_monitor -ksp_converged_reason. I get the
following error:-
240 KSP Residual norm 1.722571678777e+07
Linear solve did not converge due to DIVERGED_DTOL iterations 240
For some reason it is diverging, although I am sure that for the given
system a unique solution exists.

Thanks,
Kaushik