[petsc-users] Solving NON-Diagonally dominant sparse system

Kaushik Kulkarni kaushikggg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:17:58 CDT 2017

Hello,
I am trying to solve a 2500x2500 sparse matrix. To get an idea about the
matrix structure I have added a file matrix.log which contains the output
of MatView() and also the output of Matview_draw in the image file.

>From the matrix structure it can be seen that Jacobi iteration won't work
and some of the diagonal entries being very low(of the order of 1E-16) LU
factorization would also fail.

​an someone please suggest what all could I try next, in order to make the
solution converge?

Thanks,
Kaushik
​