[petsc-users] Patching in generalized eigen value problems

Daralagodu Dattatreya Jois, Sathwik Bharadw sdaralagodudatta at wpi.edu
Sun Apr 9 14:47:47 CDT 2017

Dear Barry,

These operations comes into picture when I have to map a

plane surface to a closed surface (lets say cylinder). As you

can imagine nodes (hence nodal values) at 2 opposite sides

of the plane have to add up to give a closed geometry.

Matrices can be as large as 30,000*30,000 or more depending

on the density of the mesh. Since, in effect different elements sits in

different processes doing this in assembly level will be tricky.

Sathwik Bharadwaj