[petsc-users] PETSc with modern C++

Filippo Leonardi filippo.leon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:19:04 CDT 2017

You are in fact right, it is the same speedup  of approximatively 2.5x
(with 2 ranks), my brain rounded up to 3. (This was just a test done in 10
min on my Workstation, so no pretence to be definite, I just wanted to have
an indication).

As you say, I am using OpenBLAS, so I wouldn't be surprised of those
results. If/when I use MKL (or something similar), I really do not expect
such an improvement).

Since you seem interested (if you are interested, I can give you all the
details): the comparison I make, is with "petscxx" which is my template
code (which uses a single loop) using AVX (I force PETSc to align the
memory to 32 bit boundary and then I use packets of 4 doubles). Also notice
that I use vectors with nice lengths, so there is no need to "peel" the end
of the loop. The "PETSc" simulation is using PETSc's VecMAXPY.