[petsc-users] superlu_dist issue

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Tue Nov 29 15:09:17 CST 2016

Hi All,

I think we have been discussing this topic for a while in other threads.
But I still did not get yet. PETSc uses 'SamePattern' as the default
FactPattern. Some test cases in MOOSE fail with this default option, but I
can make these tests pass if I set the FactPattern as
'SamePattern_SameRowPerm' by using -mat_superlu_dist_fact
SamePattern_SameRowPerm.

Does this make sense mathematically? I can not understand.  'SamePattern'
should  be more general than 'SamePattern_SameRowPerm'. In other words, if
something works with 'SamePattern_SameRowPerm', it definitely should work
with 'SamePattern' too.

Thanks as always.

Fande,