[petsc-users] PETSc for ISPH

Massoud Rezavand Massoud.Rezavand at uibk.ac.at
Mon Nov 21 10:33:22 CST 2016

Dear all,

I am going to use PETSc in an Incompressible SPH code to solve the
pressure Poisson equation as a linear system of equations.

In my old sequential code I used the PCG method or the BiCGSTAB with
jacobi preconditioner.
I used to store the coefficient matrix (A) in CSR (AIJ) format and solve
it.

My question is that how should I import the CSR metrix and the known
vector (b) into the library to be solved? Is there an example to show
how to import and external system of eqs. into PETSc?

In my case, the computational domain is decomposed by another library,
so does it effect the performance of PETSc?

With the best regards,
Massoud