[petsc-users] Seeking help for analyzing non-convergence (KSP)

abdullahasivas at gmail.com abdullahasivas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:15:49 CDT 2016

Hello Florian,
I usually apply following steps before going to preconditioners;
- Construct a smaller matrix and examine the nonzeros, try to use permutations to get a smaller bandwidth (minimum degree or symrcm).
- Use symmetric diagonal scaling, which usually helps a lot but mostly not enough by itself.
- I have found out that (as a part of my master thesis), ParaSails is a good general purpose preconditioner and you can have symmetric ParaSails preconditioners easily.
I hope this helps.
Regards,Abdullah Ali Sivas