[petsc-users] Petsc Installation error in OS X

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 30 22:17:09 CDT 2016

ld: section __DATA/__thread_bss extends beyond end of file, file 'CMakeFiles/metis.dir/__/GKlib/error.c.o' for architecture x86_64
<<<<<<

We suspect its xcode 7.3 bug. You can workarround with the following
patch to metis
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/pkg-metis/commits/c27a7c30921dc587ae07286774ea2735ad21bb80

BTW: We recommend upgrading to using currently supported release [3.6]  if possible.

Satish