[petsc-users] Will unassigned slots of Mat Created by MatCreateAIJ be removed during MatAssemblyBegin - End?

Seungbum Koo doougsini at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:20:58 CDT 2016

I used to create matrix by calling MatCreateAIJ without knowing the
exact nonzero pattern of the matrix. So I preallocate maximum nonzeros that
can appear when creating a matrix.

After setting nonzero values by MatSetValues I call MatAssemblyBegin and
MatAssemblyEnd for actual linear algebra. Now, will the unassigned, or
assigned by zero preallocated slots in matrix be removed? Or Will it stay
with containing zeros?