[petsc-users] Using multithreaded MKL in PETSc

Vasileios Kalantzis kalan019 at umn.edu
Tue Mar 8 14:07:28 CST 2016

Hi everyone,

Assuming that I want to use MKL's Pardiso in the
context of PETSc (I need it as a local solver for
block Jacobi type preconditioning), how should I form
my ./configure so that I can take advantage of
multi-threading when calling MKL's Pardiso?

For example, do I simply have to configure with
--with-openmp=1 --with-pthread=1 and/or similar?
I have tried different combinations and thought
of asking,

Thank you!

ps. right now I use flat MPI and works fine, I want
to use threading to add a second level of parallelism,