[petsc-users] MatIsSymmetric / MatIsHermitian issues for MPI+complex

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 04:21:21 CST 2016

Dear all,

I call MatIsSymmetric and MatIsHermitian for MPI complex-valued matrix in PETSc.
For a moment, i store a mass matrix (real-valued, symmetric) in a matrix.
However, the result of both functions is NOT PETSC_TRUE.
The same program works fine with a single MPI core.

Are there any known issues of MatIsSymmetric /  MatIsHermitian for COMPLEX+MPI matrices?
I am quite certain that my matrix is indeed symmetric (i also test vmult and Tvmult on a vector and the results is the same).

Kind regards,
Denis