[petsc-users] SLEPc BV data structure

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Sat Mar 5 11:21:04 CST 2016

> El 5 mar 2016, a las 12:06, Bikash Kanungo <bikash at umich.edu> escribió:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the BV data structure support ghosted vectors i.e., Vec created with VecCreateGhost. Specifically, if I choose to populate the BV data structure through BVInsertVecs, perform orthogonalization and then retrieve the Vecs using BVGetColumn, then will the retrieved Vecs have the extra ghost nodes in them?
>
> Regards,
> Bikash

Try the following:

1. Create a ghosted vector of the appropriate dimension.
2. Create a BV of type BVVECS
3. Set the dimensions of the BV via BVSetSizesFromVec() passing the vector from 1.

Then BVInsertVecs() should work as you expect (provided that VecDuplicate() keeps ghost nodes). Note that this only works for BVVECS, which is slower than the default type.

Jose