[petsc-users] Neumann BC with non-symmetric matrix

Griffith, Boyce Eugene boyceg at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 1 13:16:49 CST 2016

On Mar 1, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org<mailto:jed at jedbrown.org>> wrote:

Boyce Griffith <griffith at cims.nyu.edu<mailto:griffith at cims.nyu.edu>> writes:
Jed, can you also do this for Stokes?  It seems like something like
RT0 is the right place to start.

See, for example, Arnold, Falk, and Winther's 2007 paper on mixed FEM
for elasticity with weakly imposed symmetry.  It's the usual H(div)
methodology and should apply equally well to Stokes.  I'm not aware of
any analysis or results of choosing quadrature to eliminate flux terms
in these discretizations.

Two papers that are along the direction that I have in mind are:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/fld.1566/abstract
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/fld.1723/abstract

I would love to know how to do this kind of thing on a SAMR or octree grid.

-- Boyce