[petsc-users] Nested Fieldsplit for custom index sets

Safin, Artur aks084000 at utdallas.edu
Wed Jul 27 20:20:41 CDT 2016

Barry, Lawrence,

> I think the SubKSPs (and therefore SubPCs) are not set up until you call KSPSetUp(ksp) which your code does not do explicitly and is therefore done in KSPSolve.

I added KSPSetUp(), but unfortunately the issue did not go away.

I have created a MWE that replicates the issue. The program tries to solve a tridiagonal system, where the first fieldsplit partitions the global matrix

[ P  x ]
[ x  T ],

and the nested fieldsplit partitions P into

[ A  x ]
[ x  B ].

Thanks for your help,

Artur