[petsc-users] Multigrid with PML

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:58:42 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Safin, Artur <aks084000 at utdallas.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In order to achieve reasonable performance for Helmholtz with PML,
> Erlangga in his paper used
>
> 1) Matrix dependent interpolation in the multigrid. The operators are
> nonlinear, for example an intermediate computation reads something like
> d = max(|a+c|, |b|, …)

You can use this
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/PC/PCMGSetInterpolation.html
to set your own interpolation operators.

> 2) Full weighting (This is linear, so I believe I can achieve that with
> *PCMGSetRestriction*).
>
> 3) F-cycle with one pre- and postsmoothing with the Jacobi iteration and
> relaxation factor ω = 0.5.

-pc_mg_type full
-pc_mg_smoothup 1
-pc_mg_smoothdown 1
-mg_levels_pc_type sor
-mg_leves_pc_sor_omega 0.5

and use -ksp_view to check that you have what you want.

   Matt