[petsc-users] petscviewerhdf5open undefined reference

JC loiseau.jc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:51:00 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am a rather recent user of petsc. I have installed it on my mac using home-brew and have been to develop my CFD code quite efficiently thanks to that. I am now porting the code onto another machine which has linux mint 18 installed. I have installed petsc and its dependancies as follow:

	apt install --install-recommends --install-suggests pets-dev

Though most of the code compiles correctly, I get the following error at some point:

	/home/jean-christophe/Codes/PETSc_LS/SOURCES/io.f90:162: undefined reference to `petscviewerhdf5open_’

I have made sure that apt install the hdf5 library. All of the versions are exactly the same I use on my mac, yet I cannot compile correctly. Anyone has ever encountered the same problem?

Thanks a lot anyway for this amazing library.
Regards,
JC