[petsc-users] Incorrect eigenvalues

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Jul 18 14:43:18 CDT 2016

[Please do not send queries to both petsc-users and slepc-maint, only one of them is enough.]

It seems that you are mixing a random number of options that make little sense. You cannot use preonly+jacobi to solve linear systems, even less in the case of the eps_interval option. For computing eigenvalues in an interval, follow the instructions in section 3.4.5 of the users manual. In particular, preonly+cholesky is required. Also, if done with MUMPS the option -mat_mumps_icntl_13 1 is also needed. Furthermore, I don't see that you are using -st_type sinvert, so I guess some options are inserted in the source code, which you did not show.

Jose