[petsc-users] Regarding ksp ex42 - Citations

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 02:11:48 CDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 1:41 AM, domenico lahaye <domenico_lahaye at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Dear Matthew,
>
>   I would like to place the FormJacobian statement in ex25.c in such a way
> that I can view
> the result on the different levels. Can you please point me to an example?

You can use options to do this. For any KSP solve, you can use

  -ksp_view_mat draw

for whatever viewer you want. In the mg cycle, you can use

  -mg_level_2_ksp_view_mat draw

or for all levels

  -mg_levels_ksp_view_mat draw

  I would like to do above with Galerkin coarsening as well. So yes, I do
> expect that I will need the
> hooks attached to the different MG levels. I appreciate more pointers here
> as well.

The above should work with either method.