[petsc-users] Need help: Poisson's equation with complex number

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 8 21:11:26 CDT 2016

  I would start with -pc_type gamg and -ksp_type gmres see how many iterations it requires and how the number of iterations grows when you  refine the mesh (if life is good then the iterations will grow only moderately as you refine the mesh).  If these options result in very bad convergence then send us the output with -ksp_monitor_true_residual and we'll have to consider other options.

  Barry