[petsc-users] DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 error

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 01:33:54 CDT 2016

Hi,

I had problems with DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 last time when I used an old
version of Intel Fortran compiler. It works fine in gfortran and new
version of Intel compiler. It was determined as a bug by the PETSc team.

To use in old version of Intel, I had to use -O1 instead of -O3 -ipo in
subroutines when DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 is called.

Recently, my cluster was reset and all files were deleted. I upload my
files and compile my code again. However, this time, with a new version
of Intel, I got segmentation error with DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90. Changing
to -O1 works. But I thought it was working fine. So maybe I need to
check with my admin if the ver before and after reset are the same.

Another thing was using PETSc ver 3.6.4 and 3.7.2. Using v3.6.4
(compiled with -O3 -ipo), it encountered segmentation err right from the
code start, when DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90  is called.

However, for v3.7.2 (compiled with -O3 -ipo), it only happened during
the 2nd time step, when I need to use DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 in order to
use KSP to solve the linear equation later on.

So I wonder why v3.7.2 can get pass the 1st time step w/o problem and
getting the right answer and only give errors at the 2nd time step.

Any explanation for this?

Btw, same result whether MPI is used or not.

--
Thank you

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng