[petsc-users] MatSetValues

Vasileios Kalantzis kalan019 at umn.edu
Mon Jan 25 13:37:58 CST 2016

Hi Barry,

yes, I am inserting new locations. I was actually copying matrix
C to a new matrix D, and then I was inserting the "thresholded"
values -E*(B\E) in this matrix D.

I was pretty much sure that the missing pre-allocation was the
reason for the slow code -- when I commented out the MatSetValues()
part (i.e. I approximated the Schur complement only by matrix C),
this part was much much faster.

I will definitely follow your suggestion -- Thanks!!!