[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] Preconditioners for KSPSolveTranspose() in linear elasticity

Salazar De Troya, Miguel salazardetro1 at llnl.gov
Thu Jan 21 10:17:11 CST 2016

I write the boundary conditions using their DirichletBoundary class, not
the penalty term. The options I¹m using are ones that I found in the
libMesh mail list from a user who suggested them for elasticity problems.
The idea he mentioned was to use field split to separate each field of the
displacement vector solution. I honestly do not know the role of
-pc_fieldsplit_type symmetric_multiplicative, but it was working for me.