[petsc-users] installation on cloud platform

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 4 17:10:42 CST 2016

  Marco,

  There are competitors to the "regular" cloud machines like Amazon focused specifically  on HPC that "come with" MPI and use high speed networks so are much like if you built a custom HPC machine. For example http://www.rescale.com/software/

   I don't have direct experiences with any of these systems but suspect that if you really want to scale to a bunch of nodes you are likely far better off with the HPC cloud servers than with general purpose systems even if they have a higher cost (you get what you pay for).

  Barry