[petsc-users] [SLEPc] record against which PETSc installation it was compiled

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Feb 29 11:50:00 CST 2016

> El 29 feb 2016, a las 7:45, Denis Davydov <davydden at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Dear all,
>
> It would be good if SLEPc would store a location of PETSc used during the build in some
> config file, e.g. `slepcconf.h`, so that this information could be retrieved by external libraries (e.g. deal.ii)
> to prevent configuring with PETSc and SLEPc while SLEPc was linking to a different PETSc installation.
> See the discussion here https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues/2167
>
> Kind regards,
> Denis

I have added this:
https://bitbucket.org/slepc/slepc/branch/jose/configure

However, I am not totally convinced of this change, because PETSC_DIR is then defined both in petscconf.h and slepcconf.h, so behaviour could change depending on whether user code includes one or the other in the first place.

I will test this further before merging into master.

Jose