[petsc-users] DMRefine fails

Rongliang Chen rongliang.chan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 00:19:38 CST 2016

Dear All,

In my application, I need an overlapping partition of the mesh, that is
to set the overlapping size in DMPlexDistribute(*dm, partitioner,
overlap, NULL, &distributedMesh) to be nonzero (overlap=1).

At the same time, I want to use the DMRefine to refine the distributed
mesh. I found that the refined mesh obtained by DMRefine is totally
wrong. But if I set the overlapping size in DMPlexDistribute to be zero,
then the refined mesh is correct. Please let me know if you have any
ideas to use the DMRefine for a distributed mesh with nonzero
overlapping size.

Best regards,
Rongliang