[petsc-users] Variable wall times

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 22 13:14:59 CST 2016

   Also make sure you are doing consistent binding of MPI processes to cores:  see http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#computers  and run the streams benchmarks several times to see if you get consistent results.

   With no other user or system processes consuming large amounts of cycles and suitable binding you should get pretty consistent results.

  Barry