[petsc-users] Slow MatAssembly and MatMat Mult

Bikash Kanungo bikash at umich.edu
Wed Feb 17 21:17:55 CST 2016

Hi Barry,

I had thought of using sub-communicator for these operations. But the
matrix entries have contributions from all the processors. Moreover, after
the MatMatMult operation is done, I need to retrieve certain values from
the resultant matrix through non-local calls (MatGetSubMatrices) on all
processors. Defining these matrices to be residing on sub-communicator will
prohibit me from adding contributions and calling MatGetSubMatrices from
processors not within the sub-communicator. What would be a good workaround
for it?

Regards,
Bikash