[petsc-users] Doubts related MatCreateDense()

Kaushik Kulkarni kaushikggg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:51:38 CST 2016

Hi all,

Could you help me with my doubts:

*Doubt 1*: Initially I tried to create a matrix with MatCreateMPIDense(); I
received a compilation error stating that no such function existed.

*Doubt 2*: So I continued working with MatCreateDense(). And I set the
global size to 10 cross 10. Now when I called the function
*MatGetLocalSize(A,&localrow,&localcolumn),
*and ran the code with 2 processes the values returned were:

*The local matrix size for the process 1 is 5 cross 5The local matrix size
for the process 2 is 5 cross 5*
How can it be possible that process 1 is only dealing with 25 elements and
process two is dealing with 25 elements, while the global matrix contains
100 elements.

Thanks,
*Kaushik*