[petsc-users] The matrix viewer

wen zhao wen.zhao at outlook.fr
Thu Feb 11 12:56:03 CST 2016

Hi barry

I have a question about the viewer of a matrix. I use a PCcholesky method to factor matrix. and i use this codes to get a factored matrix F.

    ierr = PCSetType(pc,PCCHOLESKY);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage(pc,MATSOLVERMUMPS);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = PCFactorSetUpMatSolverPackage(pc);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = PCFactorGetMatrix(pc,&F);CHKERRQ(ierr);

But it seems that the matrix F can not be viewed with MATVIEW() function. It tells me the f is in ACII format i guess. So what should i do to view the matrix and export it in using PetscViewerBinaryOpen() function.

Thanks very much