[petsc-users] TS and snes_grid_sequence

Emil Constantinescu emconsta at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 10 19:13:01 CST 2016

Francesco,

It could be a problem of ODE stability, error control, nonlinear solver
(cold start), etc.

In addition to what's been recommended, I would suggest trying a
different integrator with better properties: try

-ts_type arkimex -ts_arkimex_type 2e -ts_arkimex_fully_implicit

In case it's a cold-start problem, arkimex methods can provide warmer
guesses: to do that try adding

-ts_arkimex_initial_guess_extrapolate

To take off the error controller, use -ts_adapt_type none

This should take care of the common things.

Emil