[petsc-users] Simultaneously compute Residual+Jacobian in SNES

Derek Gaston friedmud at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:11:28 CST 2016

I agree Barry - we got a bit sidetracked here.

We were debating the relative merits of doing that (computing a Jacobian
with every residual) and musing a bit about the possibility of whether or
not SNES could be enhanced to make this more efficient.

I think I've been convinced that it's not worth pursuing the SNES
enhancement... the upside is limited and the complexity is not worth it.

Derek