[petsc-users] how to compile the program with c++11 support.

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 17 23:12:17 CDT 2016

you have to be a bit more specific on the issue you are encountering.

- are you using PETSc makefiles?
- where did you add "-std=c++11" in the makefile?
- what is the compile command and its warnings/errors you are getting
  from the makefile? [after whatever you did]

Usually it should work if you add it to CXXFLAGS in makefile - or run 'make CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11"

Or you can configure petsc with the option --with-cxx-dialect=C++11

Satish